Could this salad be any cuter? This is the perfect dish to serve for lunch with the girls or a fabulous side salad with dinner. I also love using kale in my salads because it tastes even better the next day after marinating in the dressing overnight.
The Pink Salad
Write a review
- 1 large bunch of kale, tough stems removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 candy cane beet, shaved into thin discs, then cut into sticks
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 watermelon radish, shaved
For the Dressing
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients except the oil in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil until the mixture is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Massage the kale with the dressing and toss with the remaining ingredients. Serve and enjoy!
- Candy cane beets and watermelon radishes are not always the easiest ingredients to find. If they are not available at your local grocery store, feel free to substitute with a regular red beet and radish. It will still look gorgeous!
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Salad Tagged: kale lemon salad, kale pink salad, the garlic pad kale pink salad, the garlic pad pink salad, the garlic pad the pink salad, the pink salad
LEAVE A COMMENT