February 22, 2015
This is not your ordinary sandwich you pack your kid for lunch. Luckily, I had a mother who knew I had a more sophisticated palate than my classmates. Filled with prosciutto, pesto, parmesan cheese, and arugula, this sandwich is deliciously gourmet.
The Garlic Pad Sandwich
Write a review
For the Pesto
- 1 bunch basil, washed and dried very well
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
For the Sandwich
- 1/4 of a baguette, sliced in half, lengthwise
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese shavings
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle the bread lightly with olive oil and parmesan shavings and place in the oven. Toast the baguette for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- For the pesto: combine all of the ingredients except for the oil in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Gradually add the oil until it is mixed together.
To make the sandwich
- Spread a spoonful of pesto onto both sides of the bread. Next, sprinkle the arugula on to the bread. Place the prosciutto slices on top and close the sandwich. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe for pesto calls for more than what you need for the sandwich. Use the left overs for pasta, chicken, or dip for veggies!
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Meat Tagged:
LEAVE A COMMENT