I would not suggest eating this before a date… but it is divine!!!!! The toasted bun, the melted cheese, the caramelized onions, all mesh together to make the perfect burger.
The Garlic Pad Burger
Write a review
- 2 burger buns
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons tablespoons butter
- 4 slices of pancetta
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- To caramelize the onion, heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onions and sweat. Lower the heat, season with salt and pepper, and stir occasionally until golden brown (may take up to 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, make the burger mix: Combine the meat, mustard, egg, onion, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixture in half to make two large patties.
- Preheat a grill pan and drizzle with olive oil. Grill the patties on both sides, 3-4 minutes each. Place pan in oven and leave burgers to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- For the bacon, microwave the slices on a piece of paper towel for 20 seconds until crisp.
- For the butter, combine the garlic and remaining butter and a touch of salt and pepper. Spread the butter on the buns and toast in the oven for about 5 minutes until golden and slightly crispy.
- For the last several minutes of cooking add the blue cheese on top of the burger patties to melt.
- To assemble, place the bacon and onions on top of the patty. Serve and enjoy!
- The onions can be prepared in advance and reheated in the microwave before serving.
- Food safety guidelines recommend that ground beef be cooked to an internal temperature of 160F to avoid the potential threat of harmful bacteria.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/