March 1, 2015
A healthier way to enjoy the popular flavours of classic tacos. This is a great choice for a weekday salad! Prep for this dish can be done ahead and prepared quickly.
Write a review
- 1/4 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup romaine, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, minced, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sweat onions until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the ground beef and saute until brown and cooked through. Add the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and chilli powder and stir to combine.
- To assemble salad, place the lettuce in the bowl with avocado chunks and tomato on the side along with the taco chips. In the middle place the ground beef, jalapeno, and top with the cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to add your favourite taco toppings to personalize your salad like salsa, sour cream, and even beans!
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Meat, Salad Tagged: fun salad, ground beef, lunch, meat, mexican, Mexican salad, Mexico, nachos, salad, taco salad, The Garlic Pad
LEAVE A COMMENT