I am a big fan of finding recipes that are healthy and how do I put this delicately… don’t make me sad! With this dish, you don’t even realize your making nutritious choices because it is so delicious. I love chicken thighs because they are so fast to prepare which makes them a weeknight warrior. In this recipe, I used Blue Goose chicken thighs because they are ethically farmed and have more of a complex flavour than commercially grown chicken. It is the perfect dish to cook for National Nutrition Month.
Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs with Zoodles
Write a review
- 1 Package Blue Goose Chicken Thighs
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Zucchini
For the Glaze
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 orange zested and juiced
- To prepare the glaze, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Set aside 1/2 cup of the glaze. Place the chicken thighs in the remaining liquid mixture. Let the chicken marinate for a half hour or up to two hours in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, using a spiralizer or a peeler, make your carrot and zucchini noodles.
- Pour the remaining glaze into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the glaze has a syrup-like consistency, 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium high heat. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble, divide the zoodles between two bowls. Place the sliced chicken on top and drizzle with glaze.
- Those leftover lemon and orange halves make for an adorable garnish. Slice into wedges and serve with your zoodles.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
LEAVE A COMMENT