These cookies are my go to anytime I need a delicious dessert to bring to a dinner party. They are moist, rich, and absolutely adorable! One of the easier cookies to make, I recommend this recipe for a beginner at baking. I adapted this recipe from the chocolate chip cookie recipe found on the back of Ghiradhelli chocolate chips, so smarties can be easily swapped for chocolate or any other treat you can think of! Feel free to use all the smarties in the package… I just happen to love pink!
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Smarties
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Once combined add the eggs, one at a time beating on medium low speed.
- On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the smarties.
- To make a large cookie, scoop out, approximately 3 tablespoons of the batter and the roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each ball with a lightly moistened hand so the batter does not stick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a cooling rack.
- These cookies will spread during baking so make sure you leave enough space in between the flattened balls of dough.
Categorized as: Baking Tagged: cookies, delicious, dessert, gift bags, pink, smartie cookies, smarties, sweet, The Garlic Pad, theme party, treats
LEAVE A COMMENT