December 2, 2014
An easy dinner to whip up for guests that is zesty! Keep a bag of frozen shrimp handy in your freezer.
Write a review
- 8 small tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined, if frozen defrosted and drained
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Guacamole and salsa for serving
- Few sprigs of cilantro
- Marinate the shrimp in olive oil, chilli powder, cumin, paprika, a few squeezes of lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat until softened. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Raise heat to high and add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly until pink and cooked through.
- Place a small mound of shrimp into the centre of each tortilla.
- Top with guacamole and salsa as desired and garnish with cilantro
- The smoked paprika really makes a difference in this recipe.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Fish Tagged: chilli pepper, cilantro, cumin, fish, guacamole, lime, paprika, shrimp, shrimp taco, shrimp tacos, shrimp wrap, The Garlic Pad
LEAVE A COMMENT