A motto in life should be that all things taste better with cheese. I added my two favourites to create, what has been declared by many (not just me) the perfect, silky, and delicious mashed potatoes.
Perfect Mashed Potatoes
Write a review
- 5 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus extra for water
- Few grinds fresh pepper
- Fill a large pot with potatoes and enough cold salted water to cover. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Leave the potatoes in simmering water for 15 minutes or so, until the potato is tender and a knife can gently pierce through it.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium low heat, careful that it does not boil. Add a touch of salt and pepper, bay leaf, nutmeg and the garlic. Heat the milk through and it will reduce slightly.
- When the potatoes are cooked, strain them, and add them back to the pot. Over low heat stir the potatoes a few times to dry them. Using a masher, mash the potatoes until they are smooth.
- Discard the bay leaf and garlic clove in the milk and add to the potatoes. Add the Parmesan, Gruyere, butter, and salt and pepper. Taste for additional seasoning. Serve and enjoy!
- In this photo, the mash potatoes are pictured with bacon butter. Check out the post for steak and bacon butter to get this devilish recipe.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Veggie Tagged: bacon, butter, cheese, cheesy mashed potatoes, cream, creamy mashed potatoes, dinner, gruyere, mash potatoes, mashed potatoes, parmesan, perfect mashed potatoes, sides, The Garlic Pad, veggie
LEAVE A COMMENT