These rich cheesecake bars are a real crowdpleaser. When making cheesecake, it is important to leave yourself enough time for the cake to cool down in the refrigerator before serving.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Write a review
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 box chocolate wafer cookies (Mr. Christie’s)
- 12 oreos, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Pulse the chocolate wafers with the 2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter in a food processor.
- In an 8 by 8 square baking pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray or coated with butter, place ¾ of the crumb mixture into the pan and press down with your fingers or the back of a spoon until it is smooth.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, use a stand or handheld mixer to whip the cream cheese until it is smooth then add the sugar and mix to combine. Add the egg, sour cream, vanilla, salt, and mix gently on low speed until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chopped Oreos by hand.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the baked crumbs. Cover with the remaining, reserved crumb mixture. Carefully place the dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the sides begin to colour slightly and it no longer jiggles in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool at room temperature for a half hour, then place in a fridge to cool for 2 hours.
- When it has cooled, slice into 12 bars. Serve and enjoy
- If you can find the mini oreos at the grocery store, they look adorable to place on top of each square.
- Keep handy a hot damp paper towel to wipe the knife as you slice it so the slices look clean.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/