This dish is simple and fast to make on a week night, but it looks sophisticated enough to serve to guests. It also is the ultimate comfort food to serve on a cold winter night.
Orecchiette with Sausage and Rapini
Write a review
- 1 package dried orrechiette
- Spicy Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 bunch rapini,trimmed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 anchovies, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Olive oil for pan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orrechiette according to the directions on the package. In the last 3 minutes of cooking time for the pasta, add the rapini.
- While the pasta cooks, drizzle a heavy bottomed saute pan with olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and sweat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and anchovies and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds and add the chili flakes. Add the sausage, breaking it up into smaller pieces and saute until it is cooked through and golden brown.
- Combine the pasta, rapini, and sausage in a large bowl and season to taste. Sprinkle with cheese if desired, Serve and enjoy!
- Cooking the rapini and orecchiette in the same water saves you one pot to clean!
- If you don't love spicy food this recipe works well with sweet Italian sausage.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/