This recipe is inspired by the restaurant Origin in Toronto. In fact, it’s the dish that made me fall in love with mushrooms! Perfect to serve as an appetizer at dinner or a classy lunch, its decadent, refreshing and easy on the eyes.
Write a review
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 oz Fior Di Latte, or any soft mozzarella sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill the slices on both sides, until they are crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the shallots and saute until they are fragrant and beginning to colour, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the vinegar and with a wood spoon scrape of the brown bits. Add the thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon some of the mushroom mixture onto each toast. Top with the cheese and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- If you have any on hand, drizzle the toasts with truffle oil to add some pizazz to the dish!
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/