These toasts look sophisticated and are indulgent yet easy to prepare. Try not to eat all of them when your setting them up on a platter! Your guests will love these at a party as a grab and go appetizer.
- 1 baguette, sliced 1 inch thick diagonally
- 1/2 pound assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 cups Gruyere, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced for garnish
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Drizzle the sliced bread with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Toast the bread until it is crispy, 5-10 minutes.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and toss until they brown, about 5-10 minutes. Add the thyme leaves and sherry and saute for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture onto the toasted bread. Sprinkle with a half tablespoon or so of cheese on top of the mushrooms.
- Turn on the broiler and place the crostinis under for 30 seconds to a minute. They should be bubbling and begin to turn golden.
- To serve sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
- Parmesan cheese or any other one of your favourite melty cheeses can be substituted to make your dream crostini.
Categorized as: Apps Tagged: appetizer, baguette, bruschetta, canope, cheese, crostini, garlic, gruyere, mushroom, Mushroom gruyere crostini, mushroom gruyere toasts, mushrooms, parsley, The Garlic Pad, toasts