A favourite amongst my girlfriends, this maple bacon butter shows up at more than just The Super Bowl buffet. It is easy to prepare and if stored properly can last weeks in the freezer (but I think it will be all gone right away!)
Maple Bacon Butter
Write a review
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a non-stick pan over medium high heat, cook the bacon until it is nice and crispy. Once cooked, drain on a paper towel coated plate. Chop the bacon into tiny pieces- almost crumb-like but leaving a couple chunks.
- In a bowl combine the butter, syrup and bacon bits and fold together using a spatula.
- On a piece of wax paper, shape the butter into a log. Wrap the butter tightly, tying the ends with kitchen twine.
- The butter will store in the fridge for several days, and the freezer for a few weeks. Just before using, take it out giving the butter enough time to soften.
- I would serve this butter with cornbread, brunch items, and ANYTHING at your Super Bowl party!
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/