Warning: You may not want to make plans after this decadent dish because you will eat it all up and feel like a sloth. This mac is a perfect main to impress a crowd, or a classy side dish to serve at a dinner party. I do not include how to prepare the lobster because I am terrified of doing it myself and always order it from my fish store pre-cooked. If you are brave enough to endure this process I solute you!
- 4 cups homomilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 8 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound cooked lobster
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, until it al dante.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk over medium low heat in a small pot. Season the milk with a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. In another large pot, over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons of butter. Using a whisk, combine the flour until the mixture has thickened into a paste like texture. Add the milk into the butter flour mixture and whisk until it has slightly thickened. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir until the sauce can coat the back of the spoon and has a velvet-like texture. Season to taste.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Stir to combine. Add the pasta and lobster. Stir and mix until the cheesy sauce and lobster is evenly distributed.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and combine with the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Pour the mac into a large baking dish. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the crumbs turn golden. Cool for 5 minutes then serve.
- Feel free to swap the cheese in the recipe for you're other favourites like orange cheddar or gruyere.
Categorized as: Fish, Pasta Tagged: lobster mac and cheese, lobster mac and cheese with white cheddar the garlic pad, the garlic pad lobster mac and cheese, the garlic pad lobster macaroni and cheese, the garlic pad lobster macaroni and cheese with white cheddar, the garlic pad white macaroni and cheese, white cheddar lobster mac and cheese