As a new girl in the workforce, I am constantly trying to find easy weeknight meals that don’t make me die of boredom. This dish is the perfect answer to this dilemma because it is ready in minutes, requires little prep and clean up, and it’s devilishly delicious!
- 1 lb dried pasta
- 2 lb fresh clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, and saute until fragrant and careful not to burn it. Add the chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the clams and white wine and give the pan a quick toss then cover tightly with a lid. Leave the clams to cook, 5-7 minutes until they open. Cooking time will depend on their size. Discard any closed ones.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked pasta and parsley. Toss to coat the pasta evenly. Add a couple tablespoons pasta water to help bind it all together. It's ok if there is some broth sitting at the bottom. It's perfect for dipping!
- Divide into 6 bowls. Serve and enjoy!
- For a classy appetizer, skip the pasta and serve with crusty garlic bread for dipping into the delicious broth.
Categorized as: Fish, Pasta Tagged: pasta with clams, the garlic pad clams white wine sauce, the garlic pad linguine with clams, the garlic pad lnguine vonghole, the garlic pad pasta with clams, the garlic pad pasta with white wine clams