Another weeknight favourite, this pasta is ready in minutes! Most of ingredients are a staple in the average pantry so this dish may not require a trip to the grocery store. It is subtle and satisfying.
Lemon Shrimp Pasta
Write a review
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and if frozen defrosted
- 2 lemons, juiced and seeded
- Grated zest from both lemons
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package dried spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package instructions, until al dente.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt one tablespoon butter. Add the onion and sweat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chilli flakes.
- Add the shrimps to the pan and cook until bright pink and opaque, 1-2 minutes. Add the wine and lemon and the other tablespoon of butter and leave to simmer for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the shrimp and toss to coat. Add the parsley and check for seasoning. Serve and enjoy!
- If you find there is not enough liquid to coat the pasta add some of the pasta water and or a drizzle of olive oil.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/