The holidays are quickly approaching and I am about to equip you with one of the major tools I use every holiday season: How to build the perfect charcuterie board! With the help of Ozery Bakery, I will show you the key components that will make your board snazzier than the rest.
Charcuterie Board (Featuring Ozery Bakery)
Write a review
- 3 types of Cheeses
- 3 types of Meats
- Assorted Crackers (In this post I will use Ozery Bakery Lavash Crackers)
- The key elements for me are cheese, crackers, meat, dip/ jam, garnish.
- When it comes to picking cheese, you want to choose different textures. Brie, tallegio or some types of goat cheese can be softer. If you have a more adventurous bunch I would opt for a gorgonzola. A cheddar or a beemster are more firm and are always a crowd pleaser. Lastly, I cannot make a board without parmesan. Everyone loves it so it is a safe choice too and if there is leftover you can use it next time you cook.
- For the meat, I again like to use a variety. Prosciutto is always a staple. For salami, try a mild and a spicy one because some people love heat. If you have any non pork eaters, you can always go with a bresoala so no one feels left out!
- For the crackers, you can opt for a baguette crisp, a cracker or a flat bread. I like to use Ozery Bakery Lavash Crackers. They come in various flavours like Apple and Quinoa, Organic Spelt, Multi Grain and Seeds, and Cranberry and Grains. They also are amazing for spreading soft cheese and making little sandwiches with everything on the board.
- For the dip, you can go with many household staples you may already have on hand. People love honey with cheese! You can also try jams, balsamic or my favourite, pesto. If you want a pesto recipe I have one on the blog 🙂
- The last step is garnishes. This will elevate your charcuterie board. I like to throw on fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary. If you can find, figs are a gorgeous fruit and pair well with the cheese and meats. Lastly, salty olives are always a bonus. Opt for pitted ones if you can for less mess. You could also try salted nuts, grapes or blackberries for variety.
- For more information about Ozery Bakery, check out this link: http://ozerybakery.com/ca-en/
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
LEAVE A COMMENT