Grilled cheese fillings can range from simple kraft singles, to gourmet ingredients that will make your taste buds burst. Either way, melted cheese oozing out of perfectly toasted bread can never be a bad thing. This sandwich was originally created when I found random ingredients in my fridge and it ended up being insanely delicious. This is a very rich combination, so i recommending cutting the sandwiches into little triangles and serving it to multiple dinner guests. Otherwise you may not have room for dessert!
- 2 thin slices of pancetta
- 5 thin slices of granny smith
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- In a microwave, cook the pancetta on paper towel for around 30 seconds or until crisp.
- Brush both sides of the bread with butter leaving some of it to brush on the grill pan. On the inside part of the bread spread the fig jam, followed by brie, and arrange the pancetta and apple. Close the sandwich.
- Preheat a pan on medium high heat and brush with remaining butter. Place the sandwich on the pan with butter and cook on each side while pressing down with a spatula. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
- As always, if you cannot find pancetta, regular bacon works! To get those grill marks I use a ridged grill pan and a cast iron press but a regular lid works too.
Categorized as: Apps Tagged: and pancetta, apple, apple and fig jam, bacon, bacon grilled cheese, bread, brie, cheese, fig, grilled cheese, Grilled cheese with brie, gruyere, jam, lunch, pancetta, The Garlic Pad