I am usually the one to roll my eyes when a new health craze arrives. However, the green smoothie is a trend I can get on board with! With the right combination of sweet and healthy, this is a great way to start your day and is ready in minutes.
- 1 cup kale, tough stems removed, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups granny smith apple, cores removed, roughly chopped (1 large apple)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Drink up!
- Like all smoothies, it is best served fresh and cold.