This holiday season, I received the perfect gift for a kitchen maven… a VITAMIX. It’s not just meant for smoothies and acai bowls people! I teamed up with Vitamix and FeedFeed to create the perfect holiday recipe: gingerbread cheesecake. Using the Vitamix Winter Spice Seasoning, this cake literally tastes like Christmas (if that’s possible). The best part was instead of using a food processor for my crumbs and a stand mixer for the batter, I did it all in one machine. No muss, no fuss. Here is the link to the Winter Spice Mix recipe https://www.vitamix.com/ca/en_us/recipes/winter-spice-seasoning?cid=17-BLOG-FF-CA
and make sure to check out www.thefeedfeed.com for amazing recipes like this one 🙂
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup fancy molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Vitamix Winter Spice Seasoning
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whip cream and gingerbread cookies for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In your Vitamix (or other blender or food processor), blend the melted butter and gingersnap crumbs. Pat into a 9 inch cheesecake pan, lined with foil, parchment and cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is beginning to colour. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in your Vitamix (or stand mixer), blend the cream cheese and sugar starting on the lowest setting than gradually increasing the speed. Mix until the cream cheese is whipped. Remember to scrape the sides of the blender to incorporate the sugar evenly.
- Add the eggs, molasses, spice seasoning and vanilla and mix again, starting at the lowest setting then gradually increasing the speed to medium high. The mixture should be a loose batter. Pour the mix onto the cooled crust and bake for 1 hour. Cool to room temperature then chill overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Top with whip cream and your favourite gingerbread cookies. Serve and enjoy!
- It is very important you use room temperature cream cheese otherwise the cheesecake will not mix evenly in your Vitamix. No one likes a lumpy cheesecake!
Categorized as: Baking Tagged: gingerbread cheesecake the garlic pad, the garlic pad feed feed cheesecake, the garlic pad feedfeed vitamix, the garlic pad gingerbread cheesecake, the garlic pad vitamix cheesecake, the garlic pad vitamix feedfeed, vitamix cheesecake the garlic pad