This dish is inspired by a delicious appetizer and salad I learned how to make at my summer job at The Edible Story. It is a gorgeous appetizer and cheeky way to serve your salad at your next barbecue. The classic trio of endive, bacon and blue cheese work harmoniously in this bite-size delight.
Cobb Salad Spears
Write a review
- 2 Endives, leaves separated
- 2 thick slices of pancetta, cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, finely diced
For the Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dill, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment, add the pancetta, and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until it is crispy.
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes. Run the eggs under cold water and carefully peel and cut into a fine dice.
- Amongst the peeled endive leaves, divide the eggs, bacon, tomato, avocado, and blue cheese.
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad spears. Serve and enjoy!
- Spears are the perfect way to serve your favourite salads in bite-size! Next time try a Caesar or Greek Salad to mix it up.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Apps, Salad Tagged: and blue cheese spears, bacon, Cobb salad, cobb salad bites, cobb salad spears, egg, endive spears, the garlic pad cobb salad spears
LEAVE A COMMENT