January 4, 2016
These sprouts are irresistible! They make for a perfect side dish and also add a pop of colour to the dinner table.
Candied Brussels Sprouts
Write a review
- 3/4 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- On a cooking sheet, toss the brussels sprouts in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the sprouts for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the pecans and coat with the butter. Add the sugar and toss to combine for one minute. Set aside.
- When the sprouts have begun to crisp, drizzle the syrup on top. Shake the pan to coat the sprouts evenly. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the sprouts are crispy and golden.
- Combine the pecans, sprouts and pomegranate seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be combined with farro, bulgar or quinoa to make a hearty lunch!
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
LEAVE A COMMENT