November 26, 2014
A tasty side to serve with your dinner, these crispy, caramelized nuggets are wildly addictive, even if you hated Brussels sprouts as a kid.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Write a review
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed and dried, trimmed, and halved
- 6-8 oz thick sliced pancetta, diced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Fry the bacon in a small frying pan until lightly crisped, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Toss sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper and lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are tender and outer leaves are crispy and browned.
- Remove pan from oven, and drizzle the sprouts with the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup, tossing gently. Add cooked bacon, stir once or twice, and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve while hot!
- Make sure to keep the leaves that fall off when the sprouts are trimmed. They crisp beautifully.
- For extra special presentation, garnish with a few slices of thin pancetta that are perfectly crisped.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Veggie Tagged: bacon, balsamic, brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts with bacon, brussels sprouts with pancetta, dinner, maple syrup, pancetta, roasted, side, sides, The Garlic Pad, veggie
LEAVE A COMMENT