Beet salads have become super trendy. Imagine being able to serve your dinner guests a salad so beautiful and delicious that it could be served at that new chic place that you could not get a table at! This recipe is an easy way to impress!
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 6 medium sized beets, trimmed, roots removed
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 6 cups arugula, lightly packed
- ½ cup candied pecans or walnuts
- 1 apple, cored, and thinly sliced
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- ¾ cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly drizzle the beets with olive oil and salt and wrap in tin foil. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the beets can be pierced with a knife.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing except the olive oil into a bowl and whisk until combined. Gradually whisk in the oil until the dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the arugula, beets, apple, goat cheese, and pecans on a platter and drizzle with the dressing. Season with extra pepper. Serve and enjoy!
- The beets can be roasted a couple days ahead. That way you have less to do when you want to assemble the salad.
- If you cannot find candied nuts at your grocery store, they are easy to make yourself. Coat 1 cup of nuts with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Bake in a 350 F oven for 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
Categorized as: Apps, Salad Tagged: and candied nuts, arugula, beet, beet salad, beet salad with apples, beets, brunch, candied pecans, dinner, goat cheese, lunch, salad, summer salad, The Garlic Pad, vinaigrette
LEAVE A COMMENT