May 26, 2017
Vamp things up this summer some zesty bbq. Blue Goose Pure Foods whole chickens are the perfect size for this recipe. It also doesn’t hurt that they are organic and antibiotic free.
Beer Can BBQ Chicken
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 1 whole chicken (3 or 4lb)
- 1/2 can beer
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Few grinds fresh pepper
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- Turn on half of your BBQ to high heat. Preheat to 300 F.
- For the rub, combine the paprika, sugar, powders, salt and pepper.
- Rub the mustard all over the chicken. Pat the rub on, inside and out, trying to cover the skin evenly.
- Pull chicken by the legs and place on top of the beer can.
- Place a foil tray onto the side of the bbq that is not heated. Put the chicken on top of the foil. Close the bbq and leave to cook for about an hour, or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165F.
- Cut into 8 pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- To add an extra kick, use a smokey paprika instead of regular. I'm a wimp and don't love spice so I opted for this version.
The Garlic Pad http://www.thegarlicpad.com/
LEAVE A COMMENT